Friday, 22 May 2009

25th January 2009 - Alice Cooper'stown! Yeehah!

25th January 2009

21st May 2009 - Note...
So, I'm finally finishing my blog. I've been requested to finish by a few who have been reading my new regular blog, but want to know how this one finished!! They said even though it's ages on, they would love to know how the trip up the west coast went, so here I am! Nearly 4 months later, drawing on my notes, scribbles, photos and memories! I apologise for not finishing earlier. I was too busy enjoying the trip! Even my written journal was neglected!


So 25th January was spent in Phoenix, staying in Paradise Valley. Beautiful part of the area! Absolutely stunning It was an early start to the day, as the wonderful hosts I was staying with attend church on Sunday mornings. Up and out to breakfast, and sunshine, my oh my, sunshine! I went in with Gloria, who helps with Sunday School before the service. At this point, I should add, I was still unaware of what religion exactly they were. On the way, she pointed out lots of significant points and places she loves. Soon we were at the North Phoenix Baptist Church. The church I'm later to discover is John McCain's church. Small point of interest for you there. Sunday School and the service was interesting. Very different to the style, format and content of mass I'm used to. Following the morning at the Church, it was on to Alice Cooper's bar, Cooperstown!

Cooperstown was the reason for going to Phoenix. The only reason! Kind of. Stretching the story a bit. I saw a piece on one of our travel shows a few years ago about Phoenix, and it featured both his bar and his golf club. I thought then, I want to go to Phoenix one day, it looks stunning. The show did show it well. So to his bar for lunch we went. It was an experience, in two ways. So exciting to be there. It wasn't anything out of the ordinary, just like a Hog's Breath Cafe in Australia. It was where I'd wanted to go, it was what I'd wanted to do, so I was happy!

Gordon and I then went for a drive around Phoenix city and over to Scottsdale for a look around, before returning to Paradise Valley for a bit of a rest and recover from the early start. Scottsdale very much the rather artsy little city they say it is. Very different vibe to the glitz and shine of Phoenix. It was off to a concert that evening, so a rest was needed. So concert. Just to add to interesting experiences. Willy Nelson. WTF! So we went to Dodge Theatre and were glad for our good seats, and back we sat to enjoy. Before some total bogan fans rocked up and sat in front. Absolute bogans. Anyway, concert was rather boring! So not for me! But the most of the crowd seemed to enjoy it. Though tell me, what's with young girls seriously, sickeningly so, in total lust for the old man? Eww! Found this review, it tells me it was a good show.... http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsun/2009/01/luke_holwerdawillie_nelson_on.php ... lol!

That was the day, and the night. The concert was loooooooooooong. The next day was set to be a big day, so home, cup of tea with Gloria and that was that!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home