Monday December 22nd, 2008. Two countries and a nine hour flight.
22.12.2008
Boring entry today, no photos to accompany this at all! Checked out and went to the post office to post a few things home, obviously. Once I made it to the front of the very long queue to ask for a box to put it all in (they don't have them available on the floor, silliness!) I was snapped and snarled at, and eventually once it was packed and ready, given a ridiculous price! I told the man I'd take it with me and not post it, so he tried to tell me that the box which had only been taped together, not even written on, was used and I'd have to pay for it! I just laughed at him! It helped that he'd already told me that he'd only take cash from me, no card payment, and I'd already told him that I was out of euro cash. I didn't pay for the cruddy box, and took my bits and pieces with me to post from the US.
Flight was pain free and fairly quick. 9 hours flies by! lol. Had been given the window seat but swapped for the aisle seat, which made it easy to be a jack in the box and not annoy the person who stuck ear plugs in and a face mask on and snored the trip away.
Must tell you, I didn't have to take my shoes off at Munich airport, even though I was on a US bound flight! How's that~!~??? Was still in shock at the amount of security - the airport has a separate section for US bound flights, because of the excess security. I'm sure it's the same at all large airports with multiple US bound flights in a day.
Panicked at the sight of snow on the runway, as I realised that the plane probably didn't have chains on! hehehe, I'm such a comedian! All was ok! Found way to hostel, eventually, checked in, out to grab a bite for dinner, then went to a comedy show. Evening passed quickly and painlessly, and all through this I was running on very little sleep~! Made it to bed at 11.30 or so, so 5.30 Munich time. Not a bad effort at all I must say~!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home