4th January 2009
4.1.2009
We've seen a Broadway play (and I've seen a Broadway musical) but time to check out seeing an absolute blockbuster Broadway musical. The Lion King. First stop on the way out for the day was the ticket booth and the theatre. The ticket booth didn't have any tickets for it, and i don't think I'd seen them at other times either, so we walked to the theatre to see what their offerings were. I'm leaving Tuesday so today being Sunday was my last chance to see something, anything, but particularly this. The only option at the theatre was the expensive tickets at the front. Worth itwe decided. Paid our money and off we went to kill some time until 2pm. More shopping - or more of looking shopping than shopping shopping. Had mexican for lunch then I spotted the police booth, so asked there about reporting my coat stolen - not possible there, but given directions to the cop shop I'd need to go to. Still had time to kill - why is it that when you don't want time to fly it does, but when you do, it won't!?!?!? As we were walking down the street we saw the Letterman theatre and the sign advertising tickets available, so we decided to put our names down. Couldn't hurt, and they're free. Had to be interviewed by the production team before we could hand the form in, what a totally weird experience. Returned to the Minksoff Theatre in time for the most amazing show. The Lion King. It was simply tremendous. Anyone that has seen it would understand. To see it on Broadway, brilliant. So big and full of character and life. Special effects, costumes, wow, what a show. Following the show it was time for a very different experience. The police station. Went to the station I'd been told to go to. Was asked by the cop why I hadn't reported it before now. Ummm, I've been on holidays and busy, and been returning to the shop to see if it had been returned. He was not nice. Lady cop was then not exceptionally nice to me - she asked the address of the restaurantI'd been at, I told her, she told me it wasn't the address because I hadn't given her the street number. I told her all I knew was what I'd told her, and that all the cops I'd spoken to before now knew where I'd been and hadn't sent me on my way. Eventually she gave me the form to fill in and once I'd done that, she must've realised I was just a tourist from overseas, because she visibly softened and started being nice and helpful. I was impressed with the speed in which my need to fill in the bloody form was filled and I was on my way much earlier than I thought I would be. Hannah had dinner half ready by the time I returned - beetroot, cabbage, chicken, zucchini, capsicum. A good proper meal we'd both said we'd needed. The South African guys from Friday night wanted to go for a drink after they finished watching the Sunday night movie in the theatre room, it was their last night in NYC, but the movie just went and went and went, and I was starting to get really weary and in need of more antihistamines and drugs to slow this cold that just won't budge, so I was soon dead to the world. Too late for me, this damned illness. Note to self, and anyone reading this. Ensure you're over any cold well before you leave home so that it doesn't return when you hit cold weather!!!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home